第一季 10
-LeonardThe liquid metal Terminator were created in the future by Skynet, and Skynet was developed by Miles Dyson, but that future no longer exists due to Dyson's death in Terminator 2.
液态金属终结者是在未来由天网系统创造的 ("终结者2")而天网系统是由Miles Dyson设计的,可是在"终结者2" Dyson死了所以未来不存在了。
-SheldonOkay, then riddle me this:
好的,这样跟你解释吧。
Assuming all the good Terminators were originally evil Terminators created by Skynet but then reprogrammed by the future John Connor.
假设所有好的终结者一开始都是坏的,他们都是由天网系统制造的但被未来的Jone Conner重新编程。
Why would Skynet, an artificial computer intelligence, bother to create a petite, hot, 17-year-old killer robot
那为什么天网系统这个人工智能计算机要去创造一个娇小火辣的17岁的杀人机器人
-LeonardSkynet is kinky I don'
天网系统有怪癖我不知道...
-SheldonArtificial intelligences do not have teen fetishes.
人工智能计算机才没有恋童癖。
-LeonardAll right. Wait! They use
等等,他们用它来...
-SheldonToo late. I win.
来不及了,我赢了。
-PennyLet's go out tonight I have to go
让我们今夜狂欢,今夜我一定要狂欢…
-LeonardWhat the hell is that
那是什么鬼叫声
-SheldonI don't know, but if cats Theyd hate it, too.
我不知道,但是...如果猫能唱歌...它们也会恨这歌音
-PennyYou want to prowl, be my
你伺机徘徊与我共度良宵...
Hey, guys! Hi! Where you going
嘿伙计们!!你们要去哪?
-LeonardWhat We just had to mail some hrow away some chicken.
什么我们去寄几封信然后...把一些...鸡肉扔了...
-PennyYou'll never guess what just happened.
你们肯定猜不到发生了什么。
-LeonardOh, I give up.
我弃权。
-SheldonI don't guess. As a scientist, I reach conclusions based on observation
我不猜,作为一名科学家我只通过观察与实验得出结论。
Although as I'm saying this, it occurs to me you may have been employing a rhetorical device rendering my response moot.
虽然我这么说,我却觉得你可能一直都用的是设问句并不想听到这种答案。
-PennyWhat was that
什么意思
-LeonardBelieve it or not, personal growth. What happened
也许你不信,那是自我成长。发生什么事了
-PennyAll right, remember when I auditioned for that workshop production of Rent, but I didn't get it and I couldn't figure out why.
好吧,记得我去音乐剧"吉屋出租"试镜么,但我没通过,不懂为什么。
-SheldonI have a conclusion based on an observation.
我有了一个基于观察的结论。
-LeonardNo, you don't. No, he doesn't.
你才没有呢。不他没有。
-PennyWell, the girl they picked to play Mimi-- she dropped out, and they asked me to replace her.
嗯他们选中去扮演Mimi的女孩放弃了,制作单位让我代替她。
-LeonardCongratulations. What a lucky break.
恭喜你,真是柳暗花明啊。
-PennyIt's not that big a deal, just a one-night showcase, but they invite a lot of casting people and agents. So, you never know.
没那么夸张就一晚上的表演,但是他们邀请了很多演员和经纪公司,所以,谁知道呢。
-SheldonI think I know.
我想我知道。
-LeonardNo, you dont. He doesn't.
你不知道。他不知道。
-PennyIt's this Friday night at 8:00. You guys want to come
是这个礼拜五晚上8点,你们愿意来看吗
-Leonard uh... Friday we are attending a symposium on molecular positronium.
因为......我们周五要去参加一个关于分子电子偶素的讨论会。
-SheldonI think that's a week from Tuesday, at 6:00.
我以为那是下周二6点。
-LeonardNo, it's this Friday. At 8:00.
不,是这周五8点。
-PennyOh, too bad. Well, I gotta get to rehearsal. See you guys.
哦太不巧了,我得去排练了。回见。
-LeonardSee ya.
拜拜。
-PennyLet's go
今夜让我们狂欢...
-SheldonYou just lie to Penny.
你刚刚对Penny说谎。
-LeonardYes, I did.
是的,我说谎了。
-SheldonAnd you did it so casually-- no rapid breathing, no increase
你表显得那么随意-- 脸不红心不跳的...
-LeonardSo
所以呢
-SheldonSo, lack of a physiological response while lying is characteristic of a violent sociopath.
撒谎时缺少应有的生理反应是暴力反社会分子的特征。
-LeonardSheldon, are you worried about your safety
Sheldon 你在担心自己的安全吗
-SheldonNo, I imagine if you were going to kill me, you'd have done it a long time ago.
不,我想你要想杀我的话早就动手了。
-LeonardThat's very true.
那倒是实话。
-LeonardWhat
怎么了
-SheldonI need to speak to you.
我需要和你谈谈。
-LeonardIt's 2:00 in the morning!
现在是凌晨2:00!
-SheldonIt's important.
这很重要。
-LeonardI highly doubt that. Go away.
我高度怀疑。走吧。
Are you still out there
你是不是还在
-SheldonYes.
是的。
-LeonardWhat
到底什么事
-SheldonYou're right; it can wait until morning.
你说得对,可以明天再说。
-LeonardWhat, what, what, what, what
什什什什什么事
-SheldonNever mind. I clearly woke you up in the middle of a REM cycle. You're in no state of mind to talk.
没什么。显然我把你从在深度睡眠中叫醒了,你没心情和我谈话了。
-LeonardSheldon, what is it
Sheldon 到底是什么事
-SheldonI'm uncomfortable having been included in your lie to Penny.
我被卷入你对Penny撒的谎,这让我很不安。
-LeonardWhat was I supposed to say
那我该说什么?
-SheldonYou could have told her the truth.
你本该告诉她实话。
-LeonardThat would have hurt her feelings.
那会伤她的心的。
-SheldonIs that a relevant factor
要考虑这个因素么?
-LeonardYes.
当然。
-SheldonThen I suppose you could've agreed to go.
那我认为你本应该答应去听她唱歌。
-LeonardAnd what would I have said afterwards
那我之后该怎么说
-SheldonI would suggest something to the effect of:
我会这么建议她:
Singing is neither an appropriate vocation nor avocation for you,
唱歌对你来说既不是合适的职业也不适合做业余爱好,
and if you disagree, I'd recommend you have a CAT scan to look for a tumor pressing on the cognitive processing centers of your brain.
如果你不赞同我会建议你做个计算机断层扫描,检查是否有肿瘤压迫你大脑的认知处理中心。
-LeonardI couldn't say that. I would have to say, "You were terrific and I can't wait to hear you sing again."
我不能那么说。我只可能说"你唱得太棒了,我都等不及想要再听一遍了"
-SheldonWhy
为什么?
-LeonardThat's the social protocol. It's what you do when you have a friend who's proud of something they really suck at.
那是社交礼节。当你的朋友对他们做得很烂的事却觉得自豪时你就得这么做。
-SheldonI was not aware of that.
我还真不知道。
-LeonardWell, now you are.
那你现在知道了。
-SheldonAll right. Leonard
好吧。Leonard
-LeonardYes
什么
-SheldonWhen we played chess earlier, you were terrific, and I can't wait to play you again. Good night.
先前我们下棋时你下的实在是太好了,我都等不及想和你再来一局了。晚安。
-LeonardOh... This would be so much easier if I were a violent sociopath.
... 如果我是个暴力反社会分子,这事就容易解决了。
-LeonardWhat
又怎么了?
-SheldonI was analyzing our lie, and I believe we're in danger of Penny seeing through the ruse.
我在分析我们撒的谎,我觉得Penny很有可能会看出来的。
-LeonardHow
怎么说
-SheldonSimple: If she were to log onto /activities/other, click on "Upcoming Events," scroll down to "Seminars," download the PDF schedule,
很简单:如果她访问了这个地址,点击 "近期活动" 滚动到 "学术讨论会"下载了PDF格式的活动时间表
and look for the seminar on molecular positronium, well then, bippity, boppity, boo-- our pants are metaphorically on fire.
分子电子偶素的讨论会,然后吡噼吡噼咘,我们就火烧屁股了。
Well, sir, my trousers will not be igniting today.
好吧先生,我不会让我的裤子今天着火的。
-SheldonPenny Penny Penny Good morning.
Penny Penny Penny 早上好啊。
-PennyDo you have any idea what time it is
你知道现在几点吗
-SheldonOf course I do.
当然知道。
My watch is linked to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado. It's accurate to one-tenth of a second.
我的手表是按照科罗拉多波尔得的原子钟调的时间精确到十分之一秒。
But as I'm saying this, it occurs to me that, once again, your question may have been rhetorical.
但我说这些的时候又想到了你不是真的要问我时间。
-PennyWhat do you want
有什么事吗?
-SheldonRemember how Leonard told you we couldn't come to your performance because we were attending a symposium on molecular positronium
还记得Leonard告诉你我们不能去看你的表演是因为我们要去参加一个分子电子偶素的讨论会
-PennyI remember "symposium."
我记得"讨论会"
-SheldonYes. he lied.
是的呃.. 他撒谎了。
-PennyWait. What
等一下,你说什么
-SheldonHe lied, and I'm feeling very uncomfortable about it.
他说谎了,对此我觉得很不舒服。
-PennyWell, imagine how I'm feeling.
想想我现在的感受吧。
-SheldonHungry Tired I'm sorry; this really isn't my strong suit.
你饿了很累对不起这个我真的不在行。
-LeonardYou told her I lied Why would you tell her I lied
你告诉她我撒谎了 你为什么要告诉她
-SheldonTo help you.
为了帮你。
-LeonardI'm sorry, I'm not seeing the help.
对不起我没觉得你帮上什么了。
-SheldonShe was going to see through your lie eventually, so I told her that you were lying to protect me.
她最终会看穿你的谎言,所以我告诉她你撒谎了来保护我自己。
-Leonard I'm getting a bad feeling.
... 我感觉很不好。
-SheldonHunger Indigestion I'm sorry; I'm really not very good at this.
你饿了消化不良对不起我真的对这种事不在行。
Anyway, Penny now believes that, on Friday night, we're going to participate in my cousin Leopold's drug intervention.
不管怎么说,Penny现在相信星期五晚上我们要去参加我堂兄Leopold药物干预。
-LeonardYour cousin Leopold.
你的堂兄Leopold
-SheldonWho most people call Leo, but he also answers to Lee. Remember that. It's important.
大家都叫他Leo 但是叫他Lee他也答应,记住这一点这很重要。
-LeonardWhat's important
有什么很重要的
-SheldonDetails, Leonard-- the success or failure of our deceitful enterprise turns on details.
细节Leonard--细节决定成败,我们欺骗事件的成败都取决于细节。
-LeonardDo you have a cousin Leopold
你有个堂兄叫Leopold
-SheldonNo. I made him up. I think you'd call him Lee.
没有,我编的我想你应该叫他 Lee
-LeonardI don't get it. I already told her a lie. Why replace it with a different lie
我不明白,我已经跟她说谎了,为什么要用另一个谎来代替呢
-SheldonWell, first of all, your lie was laughably transparent, where mine is exquisitely convoluted. While you were sleeping, I was weaving an un-unravelable web.
呃首先,你那个谎撒的太明显了,而我的谎则掩饰得很深,你睡觉的时候我在构思一个拆不穿的谎言。
-LeonardUn-unravelable
拆不穿
-SheldonYes. If she Googles "Leopold Houston," she'll find a Facebook page, an online blog depicting his descent into drug use and a desperate yet hopeful listing on eHarmony.
是的,如果他搜索 "Leopold Houston" 她会到一个Facebook的页面---在线博客描述他对的深陷以及在eHarmony(交友网站)上到一个令人绝望却又有希望的列表。
-LeonardOkay, why would I go to a drug intervention for your cousin
好吧,为什么我要去参加你堂兄的药物干预?
-SheldonAh! Because it's in Long Beach, and I don't drive.
! 因为是在长滩 (洛杉矶) 我不会开车。
-LeonardWe're going to Long Beach
我们要去长滩
-SheldonNo, of course not. There's no cousin Leo. There's no intervention. Focus, Leonard.
不,当然不去,没有Leo这个人也没有什么药物干预。集中点精神 Leonard
-LeonardAw, come on.
哦算了吧。
-SheldonWe just leave the house on Friday night and we return in the wee hours, emotionally wrung out, from the work of convincing Leo to go back into rehab.
我们只要星期五晚上出去第二天一早回来就行了,为了说服Leo戒毒所而疲惫不堪。
-LeonardHe goes back into rehab
他回去戒毒所
-SheldonYes, but, he can relapse if Penny ever invites us to hear her sing again.
是的,如果Penny又邀请我们去听她唱歌,他可以出来旧病复发。
-LeonardYou still told her I lied.
可你还是跟她说我撒谎了。
-SheldonFor a noble purpose-- to spare me the social embarrassment of having a drug-addled first cousin-- which I'm assuming is embarrassing, yes
因为一个高尚的目的--把难堪的处境留给自己-- 装作有一个嗜毒为命的堂兄,至少我认为这很难堪,难道不是吗
-LeonardHow am I supposed to remember all of this
这么多我怎么记得住
-SheldonOh, that's the best part. You don't have to. See, I told Penny that you would be embarrassed if you knew that she found out that you had lied, so she's agreed to operate as if the original lie is still in force.
这是最精彩的部分你不需要记,听着我告诉Penny如果你知道她发现你撒了谎你会尴尬的,所以她同意表现得仍被蒙在鼓里。
-LeonardSo she's expecting me to lie about going to a symposium in Pasadena, when, in actuality, we're pretending to go to a drug intervention in Long Beach.
那么她以为我会继续跟她撒谎说我们要去帕萨迪纳 (洛杉矶城市)参加讨论会,但是 "事实是" 我们要假装去长滩参加药物干预。
-SheldonUn-unravelable.
拆不穿的谎言。
-LeonardOh, hey, Penny. Wow, look at you, all ready for your showcase. You look great.
Penny 哇哦,看看你完全准备好上台了,你看起来光彩照人。
-PennyThanks. I just wanted to come by and wish you guys luck symposium.
谢谢,我只是顺路祝你们...讨论会顺利。
-LeonardOh. Well, thank you.
谢谢。
-PennyYou know, I got to tell you, a lot of friends would let their friend go alone, but that's not who you are.
我不得不说很多人都让自己的朋友落单,但你们不是那样的人,
You are the kind of guy who stands by a when he has a symposium to go to.
你们是那种会守在朋友身边当...当他要去参加一个讨论会。
-LeonardI don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么。
-PennyIt's okay, Leonard.
没关系 Leonard
-LeonardOh, okay, all right, good.
好吧,好的,挺好的。
-HowardOh, boy, group hug.
兄弟团抱。
-PennyUh-uh.
-.
-HowardUh-uh Okay. So, what's up
-啊?好吧,怎么回事啊
-SheldonWell, Penny is on her way to perform in a one-night showcase production of Rent,
Penny正要去参加吉屋出租的专场演出,
which we are unable to attend, because we're going to a symposium on molecular positronium given by Dr. Emil Farmanfarmian.
我们去不了因为我们要去参加有关分子电子偶素的学术研讨会,研讨会将由Emil Farmanfarmian博士主讲。
-HowardWait a minute-- Farmanfarmian is speaking and you're bogarting the symposium
等一下--- Farmanfarmian博士主讲而你们要独吞研讨会
-LeonardHoward, I'
Howard 对不起...我们...我们...
-HowardNo, no, you're quark-blocking us.
不不,你们在夸克阻断我们 (指防得太严了)
-LeonardI don't know what to say. Howard,
我不知道该说什么。Howard 听我说...
-HowardNo, it's okay. It's your Millennium Falcon. You and Chewbacca do whatever you want to do. Me and Princess Leia here will find some other way to spend the evening.
不不用解释了,这是你们的千年鹰号宇宙飞船 ("星球大战"),你和Chewbacca爱干什么干什么吧。(Chewbacca"星球大战"中的角),我跟Leia公主今天晚上自己乐子去。
-PennyHoward, wait. Sheldon, I think we should tell them.
Howard 等等等等,Sheldon 我想我们应该坦白。
-SheldonOkay, sure. I don't see a problem with that.
好的,当然,我觉得没问题。
-PennyThere's no symposium. Leonard lied to me. Isn't that right, Leonard
没什么讨论会。Leonard 对我撒谎了,对吧Leonard
-Leonard I don't know what to say!
... 我不知道该说什么!
-PennyIt's okay; I do.
没关系的,我来说。
Look, Leonard is helping Sheldon through a family crisis. He made up the whole story about the symposium with Dr.
是这样的,Leonard要帮助Sheldon度过家庭危机,他编了这个有关研讨会的谎话说博士。
-SheldonGood for you.
好记性。
-Penny...because he didn't want Sheldon to be embarrassed. And there is nothing to be embarrassed about, okay
因为他不想令Sheldon难堪,其实没什么好难堪的好不好
Every family in America has a relative holed up in a garage somewhere huffing paint thinner.
美国哪个人没有个亲戚住在破烂的车库里苟延残喘的。
-HowardNo, I'm lost, too. I think she skipped a step.
不,我也糊涂了,我想她省略得太多了。
-PennyNo, look. Sheldon's cousin Leo escaped rehab, and he's in a Motel 8 in Long Beach. The whole family's going out for an intervention.
不是的听着,Sheldon的堂兄Leo中断了戒毒,现在住在长滩的8号旅馆全家都要去参加他的干预。
Leonard is driving Sheldon down there to help him through this, because he's such a good man.
Leonard只是开车载Sheldon去那里帮他度过这一切,因为他是这么好的一个人。
-LeonardOh, another hug Thank you.
哦又抱 谢谢你。
-PennyAll right, you guys, good luck.
好了朋友们,祝你们好运。
-LeonardThanks, Penny. Oh-- break a leg.
谢谢你 Penny。祝你出门摔倒。
-SheldonBreak a leg.
祝你出门摔倒 (说晦气话以带来好运)
-HowardSo, road trip to Long Beach.
那么开车去长滩。
-LeonardNo. We're not going to Long Beach.
不,我们不去长滩。
-RajWhy not
为什么
-LeonardBecause Sheldon doesn't have a drug-addicted cousin Leopold.
因为Sheldon没有什么的堂兄。
-RajOh, too bad. I've always wanted to go to Long Beach.
真可惜,我一直想去长滩来着。
-SheldonIt's a very nice community. The Queen Mary is docked there.
那个地方很棒,Mary皇后号停泊在那里。
Once the largest ocean liner in the world, it's now a hotel and restaurant, where they host a surprisingly gripping murder mystery dinner.
它曾经是世界上最大的邮轮现在作为旅馆和饭店,他们在那举办了一种扣人心弦的谋杀谜局晚宴(一种游戏)
-RajSounds fun.
听起来不错。
-HowardI'm game. Shotgun!
我也要玩,散弹!
-SheldonNo, no, no. Leonard gets nauseous unless he sits in front, and even then, it's iffy.
别别别,Leonard 不坐在前排会吐的,就算坐在前排也不一定不吐。
-LeonardWait, really going to Long Beach!
等一下,我们... 真的要去长滩!
-LeonardLet it go, Sheldon.
饶了我吧Sheldon
The murder was the first mate whether it makes sense to you or not.
凶手是那个大副不管你能不能理解。
-SheldonNo, that's the least of our worries.
不,那个根本不用担心。
I've been doing some research on addiction-- both the biochemical and behavioral aspects-- and I think there's a problem with the current version of our lie.
我对毒瘾做了些调查--- 生物化学方面和行为学方面的---我想我们现在那个谎言的版本有些问题。
-LeonardWhat are you talking about
你在说些什么呀
It's fine-- she bought it; it's over.
好着呢-- 她相信了,都结束了。
-SheldonSadly, it's not.
可悲的是没有。
Substance abuse is a lifelong struggle, but beyond that, I have realized that the Leo I described would not have agreed to go to rehab.
药物滥用是持续一生的问题,但除了那个以外我发现我所描述的那个 Leo 是不可能同意去戒毒的。
-LeonardWhy not
为什么
-SheldonBecause Leo's a middle child.
因为Leo是家里的第二个孩子。
-LeonardThere is no Leo! How can you say that
根本没有Leo这个人!你怎么能那样说
-SheldonYou didn't read the bio, did you
你根本没看他的自传,是吧
He's not just a middle child; he is the quintessential middle child-- from a broken home, to boot.
他不仅仅是排行老二他还是个典型的老二——家庭破裂到了极点。
Psychologically speaking, the attention he gets by rebelling, even to the point of self-destruction,is more emotionally valuable than the help he would get at rehab.
从心理学上来讲,他的叛逆甚至是自我毁灭所带来的关注,其情感价值也要比戒毒带给他的帮助高得多。
-LeonardI've got a solution.
我有个办法。
-SheldonGreat. What is it
太好了,什么办法
-LeonardGet out!
滚出去!
-SheldonFine.
好吧。
I've hesitated to point this out, but I must now remind you that we are in our current predicament because of your initial and totally inadequate deceit. I'm just trying to clean up after your mess.
我本来不想说,但是我必须提醒你我们现在身处险境,都是因为你最初的不高明的谎言导致的。我只是在收拾你的烂摊子。
We'll talk in the morning.
我们早上再讨论。
-BoyMorning.
早上好。
-LeonardWho are you
你是谁
-BoyI am Sheldon's cousin Leo.
我是Sheldon的堂兄Leo
-LeonardOh! God! Sheldon does not have a cousin Leo.
! 天啊! Sheldon 没有什么Leo堂兄。
-BoyAu contraire.
正相反。
I'm 26 years old. I'm Denton, Texas, but I was a Navy brat, so I was brought up on a variety of military bases around the world.
26岁,生于...德克萨斯州的丹顿市,但我是个海军士兵,所以我成长于世界各地的军事基地。
As a result, I've often felt like an outsider-- never really fitting in, which is probably the reason for my substance abuse problem.
因此一直觉得与社会格格不入-- 从来没能适应很有可能就是我药物成瘾问题的原因。
-SheldonExcuse me, we just went over this. As the quintessential middle child, your addiction is rooted in your unmet need for attention.
抱歉,我们刚刚谈过了,作为一个典型的排行老二,你上瘾的根源是无法满足你被关注的需求。
-BoyOh, Sheldon, are we really going to go with pop psychology
Sheldon 我们不会真的要讨论现代心理学吧
-SheldonFor your information, this is all based on solid research. Just stick with the character profile I wrote for you.
只是告诉你一下这是基于我严密的研究基础上的,你照着我给你的人物性格资料来就行。
-SheldonI'm sorry. Leonard, this is Toby Loobenfeld.
抱歉Leonard 这是Toby Loobenfeld
He's a research assistant in the particle physics lab, but he also minored in theater at MIT.
他是实用物理学实验室的助教,但他也在麻省理工学院辅修戏剧表演。
-BoyIt was more of a double major, actually. Theater and physics. You can guess which one my bourgeois parents pushed me toward.
其实是双学位,表演和物理,你们可以猜到我的中产阶级父母逼我学的是哪一种。
-LeonardYeah, I got it. why
行了,我知道了, 怎么回事
-SheldonYou see, while Leo would not have gone into rehab, it is completely plausible that we would have talked him into leaving the motel and coming home with us.
你想当Leo没有同意回去戒毒的时候,最合理的就是我们劝他离开旅馆和我们一起回家。
-BoySheldon, how about this as my motivation-- when I was 14 years old, I was abused in the Philippines by a clubfooted Navy chaplain.
Sheldon 你觉得用这个动机怎么样-- 当我14岁的时候我在菲律宾受到一个畸形足的海军神父的虐待。
-SheldonNo. We're going with middle child and a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production.
不,要按照那个中间的孩子的说法,还有遗传性先天性5羟胺分泌不足。
-Boywell. How do I play genetic predisposition
好吧,遗传性先天性缺陷要怎么演
-SheldonSubtextually, of course. Just have fun with it.
当然是内在本质了,轻松点。
Morning, Penny.
早上好 Penny
-PennyHi. How did the intervention go
嗨,干预怎么样
-SheldonUnfortunately, we weren't able to convince him to go to rehab.
很不幸,我们没能说服他回去继续戒毒。
-PennyOh. Well, based on what you told me, I am not surprised.
哦是啊,听你说的情况并不惊讶。
-SheldonBut we did convince him to leave the motel. Come say hello.
但是我们说服他离开旅馆了。进来打个招呼吧。
Leo. This is Penny, our friend and neighbor.
Leo这是Penny 我们的朋友就住在隔壁。
-PennyHi, Leo. How are you feeling
Leo感觉怎么样
-BoyLet me ask you something, Penny. Have you ever woken up in a fleabag motel covered in your own vomit, next to a transsexual prostitute
让我问问你 Penny,你有没有试过在一个破烂的汽车旅馆里醒来全身都是自己的呕吐物,旁边还躺着一个变性的
-PennyNo.
没有。
-BoyThen don't ask me how I'm feeling.
那就不要问我感觉怎么样。
-LeonardWell, that's Leo. Hey, um... why don't you tell me about your showcase last night
这就是Leo 嘿嗯...为什么不和我说说昨天晚上的表演呢?
-PennyOh. It was okay, I guess. It wasn't a big turnout, but they both really seemed to like it.
我觉得还不错,观众不多但是他们两个看起来都挺喜欢的。
-LeonardThere were only two people there
只有两个人
-PennyBy the end, yeah.
到最后是的。
-BoyDamn you, Chaplain Harrigan!
Harrigan神父!
-Penny I'm sorry
...你说什么
-BoyThe Philippines. 1992 The Subic Bay Naval Station. A young boy on the cusp of manhood.
菲律宾人,1992年苏比克湾海军基地有个年轻人站在人生的转折点上。
His only companions, mongrel dogs and malarial mosquitoes. Desperate and alone,
他唯一的伙伴是狗和携带疟原虫的蚊子,绝望而又孤单。
He reached out to a man who promised to introduce him to a merciful, loving God, but who instead introduced him to a gin-pickled tongue shoved down his adolescent throat.
他去请求一个人的帮助,那个人本来答应把他带到慈爱的上帝身边,但反而却把他那满是酒味的舌头伸到了他稚嫩的喉咙里去。
What choice did he have but to drink, shoot and snort his pain away
他别无选择只能靠酒精、支和尼古丁逃避痛苦。
-SheldonDon't forget his genetic predisposition towards addiction.
别忘了,他还有先天性遗传基因的上瘾倾向。
-BoyThat's never been proven.
那没有被证实。
-SheldonThere have been studies.
但有研究。
-BoyNot double-blind studies.
不是双盲的研究吗。
-SheldonHow could there be a double-blind study Who would be the control group
怎么可能有双盲研究谁来当认证结果
-LeonardAs you can see, detoxing can get pretty ugly. Let's give them some privacy.
看到了吧,戒毒的过程很黑暗,给他们保留点隐私吧。
-PennyYeah. Hey, do you want to come over to my place, have coffee
好啊。嘿你愿不愿意到我那儿去喝杯咖啡
-LeonardOh, sounds good.
好啊。
-PennyI have a video of me singing last night. Do you want to see it
我有昨天唱歌的录像,想不想看
-LeonardGee, why wouldn't I
咿呀为什么不呢
-PennyThis is even better than you coming to the showcase, because now I get to watch you watch me.
这比你来现场更好,因为现在我可以看着你看我表演了。
-Leonard Funny how things work out.
是啊...事情总会变得很有趣。
-Boy...but he loved the companionship and the wisdom that his own father failed to provide.
但是他需要伙伴以及智慧引导但他的父亲没能给他。
-SheldonYour parents made the right decision.
你父母的决定是对的。
-BoyI cannot work like this.
这样我没法工作!
-BoyThis is amazing. Just sitting on a couch watching TV with a woman. Not being drunk or, or high or wondering if you're a dude down there.
这太奇妙了,坐在沙发上和女孩子一起看电视,而不是醉酒、兴奋或者担心你可能是个男人。
-PennyLeo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy. You're going to do okay.
Leo 你是个非常贴心又有趣的人,你会好起来的。
-BoyOne day at a time, Penny. One day at a time.
总有一天 Penny,总有一天。
-LeonardHow long is he going to stay here
他还要在这儿呆多久
-SheldonHe's a homeless drug addict, Leonard. Where is he going to go Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying.
see you tonight他是个无家可归的者 Leonard,他能去哪兄弟对于撒谎你还得学好多呢。