Ladies and gentlemen胡歌杨幂贴耳
女士们先生
you coulda been anywhere in the world tonight but you’re here with us in New York City.
欢迎来到今晚人声鼎沸的纽约城
Are you ready for a cabinet meeting???
准备好观看精彩的内阁辩论了吗?
The issue on the table:撒贝宁经纬
今天的辩题:
Secretary Hamilton’s plan to assume state debt and establish a national bank.
财务卿汉密尔顿先生的国债与银行法案
Secretary Jefferson you have the floor sir
国务卿杰弗逊先生,你可以上场了
‘Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’
“生存,自由和追求幸福的权利”
We fought for these ideals; we shouldn’t settle for less
我们为此战斗;这是我们的期望
These are wise words enterprising men quote ‘em
这些是明智之言,成大器者皆知
Don’t act surprised you guys cuz I wrote ‘em
你问我为什么知道?这几句可是哥写的!
Oww
噢——
But Hamilton forgets
但小汉密尔顿好像忘了
His plan would have the government assume state’s debts
他的法案可得让政府继续发行国债
Now place your bets as to who that benefits:
现在好好想想谁会从中获益吧:
The very seat of government where Hamilton sits
除了这个财务卿本人还能有谁?
Not true!
一派胡言!
Ooh if the shoe fits wear it
噢得了,要是鞋合脚就穿了吧
If New York’s in debt—
纽约的债凭什么要弗吉尼亚来付?
Why should Virginia bear it? Uh! Our debts are paid I’m afraid
啊哦,我想我们已经不欠什么钱了
Don’t tax the South cuz we got it made in the shade
别妄想让南部交税,我们早就安全了
In Virginia we plant seeds in the ground
我们在弗吉尼亚的田野辛勤耕种
We create. You just wanna move our money around
你们尽在瞎折腾我们创造的财富
This financial plan is an outrageous demand
我从未见过如此厚颜无耻之法案
And it’s too many damn pages for any man to understand
况且它长到任何正常人都没眼看!
Stand with me in the land of the free
来吧,和我一起在自由的土地上伫立
And pray to God we never see Hamilton’s candidacy
一起祈祷再也别让汉密尔顿在政府里混
Look when Britain taxed our tea we got frisky
瞧瞧我们对要茶税的英国佬干了些什么
Imagine what gon’ happen when you try to tax our whisky
想想看来个威士忌税我们会再做些什么!
Thank you Secretary Jefferson. Secretary Hamilton your response
谢谢你,国务卿先生。财务卿先生,轮到你反驳了
Thomas. That was a real nice declaration
托马斯,那可真是段不错的独立宣言朗诵
Welcome to the present we’re running a real nation
但欢迎来到现实世界,我们面对的是一个国家
Would you like to join us or stay mellow
你是要加入我们呢,还是继续这么怂下去
Doin’ whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello?
也不知道你是不是在蒙提切洛闷声发大财?
If we assume the debts the union gets
如果推行国债,我们就能有新的信用
A new line of credit a financial diuretic
我们能得到更多支持者推动国家运转
How do you not get it? If we’re aggressive and competitive
这样爱你不是我的错
有形的翅膀 张韶涵你怎么连这都不懂呢?主动出击才能领先
The union gets a boost. You’d rather give it a sedative?
缩头乌龟只能被人迎头痛击
A civics lesson from a slaver. Hey neighbor
啊哈,听听这个奴隶主说教自由
Your debts are paid cuz you don’t pay for labor
你没欠债只是因为你们都不付工资
“We plant seeds in the South. We create.”
“我们在南部种植,创造财富”
Yeah keep ranting
来来来,接着说
We know who’s really doing the planting
我们可心知肚明是谁在帮你们种地
And another thing Mr. Age of Enlightenment
还有啊,启蒙时代的长者先生
Don’t lecture me about the war you didn’t fight in it
别跟我谈战争,你自己都没打过仗
You think I’m frightened of you man?
你以为我怕你啊,逗我呢?
We almost died in a trench
哥差点死在战壕里的时候
While you were off getting high with the French
你还和法国人玩得正嗨呢
Thomas Jefferson always hesitant with the President
托马斯杰弗逊,总统面前的软脚虾
Reticent—there isn’t a plan he doesn’t jettison
沉默着沉默着把所有法案都扔光啦
Madison you’re mad as a hatter son take your medicine
吻下去爱上你麦迪逊,我看你今天还是快吃药吧
Damn you’re in worse shape than the national debt is in
你们特么欠的债比这个联邦都多啊
Sittin’ there useless as two shits
就像两个废物一样呆若木鸡在那儿
Hey turn around bend over I’ll show you
来来转过身蹲下,我的鞋可合脚了
Where my shoe fits
看我还不用它一脚踹爆你的菊花!
Excuse me? Jefferson Madison take a walk! Hamilton take a walk!
冷静点!杰弗逊,麦迪逊,出去走走!汉密尔顿,出去走走!
We’ll reconvene after a brief recess. Hamilton!
我们未完待续。汉密尔顿!
Sir!
长官!
A word
你过来一下
You don’t have the votes
你得不到票
You don’t have the votes
得不到支持票
Aha-ha-ha ha!
蛤蛤蛤蛤蛤
You’re gonna need congressional approval and you don’t have the votes
你得要国会通过但你得不到票~
Such a blunder sometimes it makes me wonder why I even bring the thunder
真是个小蠢蛋,我有时候都想
Why he even brings the thunder…
干嘛要费那么大功夫逗他玩呢
You wanna pull yourself together?
你打算冷静下来了?
I’m sorry these Virginians are birds of a feather
抱歉,这些弗吉尼亚人简直臭味相投
Young man I’m from Virginia so watch your mouth
小子,注意点,爸爸也是弗吉尼亚人
So we let Congress get held hostage by the South?
所以我们就让南方佬操纵国会了?
You need the votes
需要支持票
No we need bold strokes. We need this plan
不,我们需要更大胆,我们需要这个计划
No you need to convince more folks愚爱dj
不,你得说服更多人支持你
James Madison won’t talk to me that’s a nonxxxxstarter
詹姆斯麦迪逊不和我说话,这行不通
Winning was easy young man. Governing’s harder
赢战争容易,小子,运营政府更难
They’re being intransigent
他们决不妥协
You have to find a compromise