MAN ON TV: (FRENCH ACCENT) Although each of the world's countries
尽管世界各国
 
would like to dispute this fact,
想争论一个事实
we French know the truth:
但我们法国人知道什么是真的
The best food in the world is made in France.
世上最好的是法国菜
The best food in France is made in Paris.
法国最好的菜在巴黎特
And the best food in Paris, some say, is made by Chef Auguste Gusteau.
有人说巴黎最好的厨师是Gusteau
Gusteau's restaurant is the toast of Paris,
Gusteau餐厅是巴黎的骄傲
booked five months in advance.
座位得提前五个月预定
And his dazzling ascent to the top of fine French cuisine
注定会被法国美食杂志评为第一
has made his competitors envious.
这也使其竞争对手眼红不已
He is the youngest chef ever to achieve a five-star rating.
他是有史以来拿到五星评价最年轻的大厨
Chef Gusteau's cookbook, Anyone Can Cook!
Gusteau的食谱:《人人都能当厨师》
Climbed to the top of the bestseller list.
也爬上了畅销书排行榜第一名
But not everyone celebrates its success.
但不是每个人都乐见他的成功
Amusing title, Anyone Can Cook!
令人发噱的书名《人人都能当厨师》
What's even more amusing is that Gusteau actually seems to believe it.
更滑稽的是,他似乎也相信这一点
I, on the other hand, take cooking seriously.
而我却把烹饪认真地当回事儿
And, no, I don't think anyone can do it.
...我不认为每个人都会做菜
(GUN FIRING)
(THUNDER RUMBLING)
(WOMAN SCREAMING)
(CLATTERING)
This is me.
这就是我
I think it's apparent I need to rethink my life a little bit.
我显然需要重新思考一下我的生活
What's my problem?
我的问题是什麽呢?
First of all, I'm a rat.
首先,我是只老鼠
Which means life is hard.
嗯!这表示生活不容易啊!
And second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell.
第二、我有非常发达的味觉和嗅觉
(SNIFFING)
Flour, eggs, sugar,
面粉,鸡蛋,糖,嗯~ 香草
Oh! Small twist of lemon.
哦~ 还有点儿柠檬味
Whoa, you can smell all that? You have a gift.
哇~ 你都能闻得出来?你真有才!
This is Emile, my brother. He's easily impressed.
这是我哥哥艾米,两三下就能让他信服
So you can smell ingredients? So what?
哼~ 你能闻出各种配料,又怎样
This is my dad. He's never impressed.
这是我爸,他一向见怪不怪
He also happens to be the leader of our clan.
刚好他也是我们族的领袖呢
So, what's wrong with having highly developed senses?
灵敏的感官会有什么问题呢?
- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't eat that! - What's going on here?
-,,别吃那个 -我…我怎麽了我?
Turns out that funny smell was rat poison.
原来那奇怪的气味是老鼠药耶
Suddenly, Dad didn't think my talent was useless.
突然间我爸不再认为我的天赋没有用了
I was feeling pretty good about my gift,
本来我对自己的天赋还蛮得意
until Dad gave me a job.
直到我爸派给我一个工作
Clean.
安全
Clean.
安全
That's right. Poison checker.
你猜对啦,毒药检查员
Cleanerific.
安全极了
Cleanerino.
非常安全
Close to godliness.
近乎纯净
Which means clean. You know, cleanliness is
意思是安全,你知道因为纯净就没有……
Never mind. Move on.
算了,去吧
Well, it made my dad proud.
起码这让我爸感到骄傲呢
Now, don't you feel better, Remy? You've helped a noble cause.
你难道不觉得很好吗,Remy?你所做的事情很伟大
Noble? We're thieves, Dad.
伟大?我们是小偷耶!爸!
And what we're stealing is, let's face it, garbage.
而且我们偷的是 …老实说吧!垃圾
It isn't stealing if no one wants it.
没有人要的东西就不算偷
If no one wants it, why are we stealing it?
别人都不要,我们干嘛还要去偷?
(LECTURING)
Let's just say we have different points of view.
简单说吧,我们的观点不同
This much I knew:
起码我知道
If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.
如果你挑嘴,那就该只吃好东西
But to
但对我爸来说
Food is fuel.
食物就像燃料
wake me up before you go
You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die.
你如果挑三拣四,引擎没油,就动不了啦
Now shut up and eat your garbage.
别说了,吃你的垃圾吧
Look, if we're going to be thieves,
爸,既然我们要当小偷
why not steal the good stuff in the kitchen,
为何不去偷厨房里的好东西?
where nothing is poisoned?
那些没有毒的食物?
First of all, we are not thieves.
第一点,我们不是什麽小偷
Secondly, stay out of the kitchen and away from the humans.
第二点,别靠近厨房,也别靠近人类
It's dangerous.
会有危险
I know I'm supposed to hate humans,
我知道我该恨人类才对
but there's something about them.
可是他们有某种能耐
They don't just survive. They discover, they create.
他们与众不同,他们会发明,他们会创造
I mean, just look at what they do with food.
看他们怎样烹调食物你就知道啦
How can I describe it?
我该怎么说呢
Good food is like music you can taste, color you can smell.
美食就像是音乐…尝得到,也像彩…闻得到
There is excellence all around you.
周遭全是好东西
You need only be aware to stop and savor it.
只要你驻足去品味
Oh, Gusteau was right.
Gusteau说得对
Oh, mmm, yeah.
Oh, amazing.
哦~ 太神奇了
Each flavor was totally unique.
每种口味都独一无二
But combine one flavor with another,
但把两种口味混合
and something new was created.
一种新的口味就诞生啦
(GASPS)
So now I had a secret life.
所以现在我的生活有了不为人知的一面
(GASPS)
(CACKLING)
The only one who knew about it was Emile.
唯一知道的人是艾米
(WHISPERING FIERCELY Hey, Emile. Emile.
艾米,艾米
I found a mushroom.